View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Thirty five yards is a good size load, 13k lbs is about the weight of my F250 with a small fifth wheel.

I believe the tax story was on channel 9 Los Angeles news station last night, the main story had to do with a large motel which had not paid its bed tax for years, and the back tax burden was in the $millions. There was an interview with Carmen Trutinich, city attorney, to the effect that if the back tax wasn't paid the city would seize the motel and sell the assets. I believe there was also discussion of other industries within Los Angeles, but I was tired and don't properly recall to what other businesses were discussed.
OK, I did see the hotel story. I also saw that they said it was believed that he under-reported the amount. I wish I could see the records down there, but the county of LA is quite proprietary with their public info when you don't actually reside there. But taxing agencies can be quite heavy handed in collections when they feel there's some good funds to come from it. I wonder if he's appealed, or even tried to fight. Maybe he is a cheat though, and that's fine that they go after him. What I don't like is the imbalance of their efforts. They attack the bigger single targets, and meanwhile subsidize a few hudred thousand illegals as they defraud the system daily. Are we satisfied that they are doing the best thing for their constituency when a case like this comes and offers re-assurance? Sure...it works....especially for the illegals and other frauds. The heat is off them, and on to this million dollar cheat. One villian then takes the fall and acts as a diversion.