View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The public is so angry that saying the "F" word is the least of what they're saying in their homes and to their friends. Many are just happy that someone with a microphone is speaking out in sentences that they've said themselves. All these people who have chastised Trump for his choice of words are sill thinking the talk of twenty years ago, that time has passed. People want hard words for hard times, and Trump knows that. He's sized up the audience and giving them what they want. He may change a bit in days to come if he feels the wind blow another direction, but who knows. When he finally comes up to the plate with bat in hand and proclaims he's part of the players for the office we'll see if he feels it's worth it.
I first heard of Trump's use of words the other day from condescending bubble heads on CNN and MSNBC who were sniggering over the idea that Trump might run for president. They're not getting the discontent in this country over Obama's wayward stewardship of the presidency.

On the other hand, I don't believe Trump would be a good fit for president. Schwarzenegger learned the hard way that big talk from an entertainer isn't necessarily transformed into legislation enacted. As possible with Trump, the guvernator was elected by a public very weary of the status quo. And what did the public get in return? More of the same.

So, what Republican candidate could capture the American imagination? King George's second term came about as a fear of Democrats, Obama was elected because Republicans became arrogant over Bush's second win to assume a mandate. Will the public be disgusted enough with all the damage Obama and his minions have wrought to elect a Republican as president? Or can the Republican party even field a capable , believable contender? Or will they put up a loser who guarantees Republican defeat?

We'll see.

For the record, I despise the two major parties equally, most of the other parties seem to me to be villages full of fringe lunatics.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.