View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Next time we can expect you to make an appearance since you are so knowledgeable on the subject of public speaking. Or is it just easier to criticize others from a keyboard?

Considering AG showed up and spoke, not only once, but twice, and you have yet to make an appearance, you are the one with a deficit on the score card. When you have put in your appearance and given an example of you knowledge in public speaking, then we can grade you. Public speaking is so much easier from behind a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
OK, that's at 7:11 PM.

When attending a city council meeting, you should always at least wear some kind of button down shirt.

Name calling at a city council meeting, however deserved, is never a good idea. More generally, it was hard to see exactly what you were talking about. You assumed too much knowledge of your efforts on the part of your audience which is not just the city council, but everyone attending and anyone who reads the records.

I happen to know that you are keeping track of illegals running through our legal system, but probably nobody else does.

You had a limited amount of time to speak and should not have spoken impromptu. You should have prepared a speech like many did and rehearsed it too insure that it did not even approach your time limit.

Otherwise, it was good to see you show up and make the effort. You said that you were from Save Our State. Was this an official representation? Or is Save Our State not that formal?
Wow. Suggesting that somebody prepare a speech and rehearse it hardly qualifies as posing as some kind of expert on public speaking. It so happens I do have some experience with public speaking and have proven myself with the basics, at least. I'd participate in politics more, but I have no transportation.

I'll say it again, it was good to see the AG show up even if he couldn't rustle up some clothes to do it in. Good job, AG.