View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Don, you never disappoint some of us on your ridgid adhesion to your own propaganda. I guess I must have missed the outcry of blacks storming the castle walls over this infraction. All I could see was a bunch of people going goo-goo eyed over a monarchy that supposedly
Quote:
is powerless, provides nothing more than entertainment, and still doles out worthless titles to others.
Why black people, or hispanics would be up in arms over having been excluded from this european form of "american idol", is mystifying to me.
From your perspective, blacks and hispanics riot whenever there is a social function, or social breakdown. Unfortunately, there is a lack of statistical data supporting that. I swear you are starting to remind me of that little kid in the movie with Bruce Willis who said "I see dead people", except that you see "black people". I understand it scares you, and I sympathize, but I can't help you unless you really want to be helped. I will tell you that I do have fear of rioting blacks and hispanics, but they are the exception, not the rule. the other 99% of the time they seem to be quite a bit like me, in that they buy groceries at SaveMart, eat popcorn at the movies, and even make romantic advances on a flea-bitten half white boy like myself. Were I still single, and in the midst of a riot in watts, I'd feel a whole lot better in the warm arms of an attractive black woman, than outside at the mercy of the few that rioted, and the responding police, regardless of color.
They're not as bad as you portray Don, and I can't force you out of that corner your in, but I hope I can coax you out a little at a time, for all of our sakes.
Isn't this what we have here in the USA except that instead of a monarchy we have sports teams that we build huge arenas and venues often using tax payers dollars and treat the players like royalty? What it actually is, is a rivalry that is sanctioned. It's all entertainment, and the British chose to have it associated with their history.