View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Ya notice how they all say we want more money. That's always the excuse. Yet, we spend more money per student than many other states that do way better than California. They complain that the better teachers don't teach in the poor areas, yet don't mention the gangs and violence that the students create in those poor areas. There's no mention of the tenure problem or teachers union that protects substandard teachers. And let's not forget that the students can do just about anything they want, and there's no consequences, they practically run the schools. Try to stop them and you'll be sued.

When I went to school there wasn't a fence around the school or police. If I did something wrong, you bet I was scared because there were consequences. But I sure learned to read, write and learned to do math in my head without a calculator. I learned to do it before I finished the 5th grade.
More money isn't going to fix the problem.

There has been a lot of talk about how California was committed to education in the 1960's while not mentioning what has transpired in California since.

There is also blaming the lack of funds on proposition 13, but prop 13 helped a lot of old people on fixed incomes avoid being dispossessed of their homes by counties reassessing and raising their property taxes every year.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.