View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 PM

I had to travel to Santa Barbara today to do some work. I haven't spent much time there, but about ten years ago I went there looking for some property. It was a nice area. I say 'was' because I couldn't believe what it has become. Wow, SANTA BARBARA!!!!!!!! At least 80% of the people I saw were Hispanic. I can't say they were all from Mexico, but it would have surprised me if they weren't. I went into a Jack-in-the-Box to use the restroom and by a drink, and I was the only one of the 25 or so people in that place that wasn't Hispanic. I was the only one that they spoke English to. This was SANTA BARBARA!!!! The town were the wealthy were always known to live. I drove down Garden St and some of the stores look like something out of Tiajuana. I actually counted the racial difference, and it was about 80%, it wasn't just me guessing. I stopped in Carpinteria before going to Santa Barbara, and there seem to be about a 50% Hispanic. Maybe what stunned me was that I arrived around 2:30pm and the kids were getting out of school and all I saw were Hispanic kids. Well to be honest, I saw one boy and one girl walking that weren't Hispanic. I was shocked.