View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
The problem with this, and this is happening in every advanced society (Japan, UK, Australia, France, U.S. ... even So. Korea now) is that the people you want to have children (can afford kids and enjoy middle-class or better existences) aren't producing at replacement levels or better. That's why the impoverished are flooding into advanced nations around the globe to fill the vacuum.
I don't think that really explains it. I have to confess that I was steadily employed between 1981 and 1996, there is a lot of stuff I didn't pay great attention to during that time period (I had "mine"), but did observe what happened in the construction trades during that time period. Prior to 1981 I was primarily employed in the construction industry.

I don't believe the work situation was all that good in the 70's, and a lot of employment was derailed during the 1981 recession. Then when the recession came to an end, American employers hired illegals rather than idled American workers within their own trades - an industry originally full of American citizens was now taken over by illegal foreign labor almost overnight.

I believe it had more to do with contractors who got their licenses during the late 70's stabbing each other in the back for work, and felt that hiring three or four unskilled illegals for the price of one skilled Americans was worth it to underbid their competitors. And if you actually saw the construction as it went up then you would see what shit work was being thrown up and sold to unknowing home buyers. That is until homeowners banded together en mass to sue developers for faulty construction.

It's been going on ever since, with some better than others.

As I said, I was busy with other things so I wasn't even aware of the 1986 amnesty law until 2005.

I believe that after the 1981 recession ended and so many Americans were still out of work that there was a loud outcry concerning illegality, so the politicians in Washington cynically put together a "reform" law which, if enforced, would have largely taken care of the illegal immigration problem. However, Washington refused to fund or enforce its own immigration law.

All these years later, during the worst economic period since the depression, I know people who have been out of work for a long time, and still Washington refuses to enforce immigration law in order to clear up some jobs for American citizens - of all races.

I think illegal immigration was originally more about who gets a bigger piece of the dollar rather than low national reproductive rates. Now I believe the driving factor is the Democratic party gaining a constituency through amnesty they just can't muster Among Americans.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-11-2010 at 11:30 AM.