View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 AM

Default Brazil

I lived in South America back in the 1960's. Then in the 1980's I was a special representative for a major manufacturer of mining and drilling equipment. I was down there 2 weeks of every month for 3 years and visited 32 countries.

Every country is different. Brazil has a history similar to the USA except that it was populated by Portuguese and the language is Portuguese. Portugal BTW is also Iberico same as Spain. From my observations Brazilians would speak to Spanish speakers and the Spanish speakers spoke back in Spanish and everyone understood just fine. Argentina was populated by English and Italians and parts of Buenos Aires looks like Paris, France. Virtually all of the original native Americans were exterminated as were they in Chile. Paraguay has a very large German population. Bolivia is predominately native Indian. The Guyana's were British and French. Colombia speaks a good Spanish similar to Spain, populated by a mixture of various cultures. During my time in Venezuela the white Venezuelans were more racist than we were here. After WW2 Italians came flooding into Venezuela in droves. They were everywhere taking jobs. The Government started sweeps, banging on doors and trucking them down to LaGuaira, the port, sending them back on ships.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-24-2014 at 04:10 AM.