View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:14 AM
SOS Associate

Spent 2 hours or more of my life at the state capitol for nothing today. The friday before the holiday spurred the appropriations committee to hold proxxy votes on about 200 bills, without public input. The bill I was there for, AB 1544, legalizes farmworkers and domestic servants, was passed too, although they swear it was read on the 9th. I scanned the 9th meeting, and so far cannot locate it, but I'll play the whole tape later this weekend. Ran into Al Rojas there, and had a brief discussion with him. We're primarily opponents, as he's an outspoken amnesty advocate. However, we both hate this particular bill for some of the same reasons, but not all. He invited us to a hearing they are holding at the state capitol early next month on this bill. I hope to go.

Can't believe hpw many bills were rushed through today so these arrogant hustlers could go enjoy their weekend with per diem pay I might add.

Also add that Assemblyman Tim Donnelly was our usual hero. providing "no" votes where others fail to tread.

In the senate appropriations committee, there's also at least one consistent "no" voter who recognizes the waste and spending on the bills that are hustled through that committee. Senator Mimi Walters