View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 PM

The reason I'm posting this is to emphasize the necessity of keeping one's act clean - and, if possible, have witnesses with video shot in such a way it can't be immediately confiscated by LEO's before being reproduced - while performing anti-illegal immigration activism. I can tell you through personal experience (on the receiving end) that it's extremely easy to framed by someone who knows how to pull the strings.

This article has a little more information http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_16399575

Quote:
...arrested on a $1 million felony warrant for threatening Bell City Clerk Rebecca Valdez...

..."It was a pretty serious threat - serious enough to where a City Council member filed a police report"...

...Los Angeles County prosecutors charged Snell with one felony count of making criminal threats. He is scheduled for arraignment today in Downey Superior Court...

...Gibbons said Snell's situation all started with a Public Records Act request he made to the city of Bell on Aug. 11.

"He went back to (Bell) city hall on Aug. 27 and apparently was given his request, and that's when the alleged crime occurred," Gibbons said, declining to specify the threat Snell allegedly made to Valdez.

"I can't tell you because it's an evidentiary issue we cannot talk about outside of court," Gibbons said...

...Snell has two prior felony assault convictions out of Pomona...

...City officials in Bell had previously sought and obtained a civil restraining order against Snell...

...For years, Snell has been a fixture at Board of Supervisors and city council meetings up and down the state, donning his colorful clown costume, frizzy wig and oversize costume eyeglasses. Seldom does he allow any elected official behind the dais to escape a tongue-lashing.

But at Tuesday's Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors meeting, Snell was more reserved - dressed in a suit instead of a clown costume, Whitmore said.

When Snell stepped outside for a cigarette, sheriff's deputies moved in and arrested him...
Snell evidently didn't have a clue that a police report had been filed and a warrant issued for his arrest - such as happened to me.

I'm not taking sides concerning Snell, I wasn't there. However, this sort of thing is something to consider concerning possibilities - it wouldn't hurt to learn what one's legal rights are and staying within the boundaries concerning behavior which may otherwise be considered a violation of law.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.