View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
A good part of the suggestion that McCain would have done something different can only be affirmed by observing what McCain is doing now. Which is ... what?

Yes, this country has got to confront the reality that Islamic belief is not compatible with modern open societies where religious belief is unprotected by civil authority. But Islam is not the only system of beliefs that are a threat to modern society. Catholic belief is another and it is Catholic confrontation with attempts to put it under the spotlight that has numbed non Catholic citizens everywhere to the current situation. This is the problem in Great Britain, the Netherlands, Germany, the US and everywhere there is a traditionally non-Catholic country populated with any significant number of Catholic citizens.
I fail to see your point? Is Al Gore addressing international terrorisim, or Dan Quayle, or let's see, ANY serving senator? No. Of course not. John McCain will do absolutely nothing with respect to terrorist activity. Nor should he. It's not his place, he doesn't have the power. It isn't even appropriate. Now if McCain had gotten the same kind of CIA briefings in August that obamadinejad did and said nothing, that's different. But he didn't get those briefings. He wasn't supposed to.

I get kind of your point in comparing Catholicism with islam being equally destructive. Certainly that Catholic Church supports immigration both legal and illegal on the basis that God's church has no borders. I disagree with that, but then I'm not a Catholic and aren't supposed to agree with it to support my religion. I do not see Catholics gunning down police officers having breakfast, or shooting up a military base, or carrying bombs onto planes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, if we can shake off the destructive force of fear of being labeled a racist, political correctness and every other criminalization of social activity, we shake off what's foisted upon us by the Catholic Church as well.

Last edited by Kathy63; 12-30-2009 at 08:31 AM.