View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:16 AM

There are some really selfish people running this state. What's yours is mine or I'll take it away from you and call you a racist just to shame you, is their method.

This is actually happening. I rarely hear English spoken in this town unless I go to Von's market. Then it's about 50-50%.

On Tuesday, at a school board meeting during Public Comments, a director of a 501c3 nonprofit addressed the board complaining that they should have interpreters (Spanish) so the parents (who never come to the meetings) would understand them. They tried this at the city council meetings and the meetings didn't finish until 1:00am. It takes twice as long to complete a meeting. These are really boring meetings to begin with, but to have them go 5 to 7 hours just because these people refuse to learn English is really selfish. Especially when this country spends billions on classes, that are free, to teach them English, and the classes are practically empty. The woman who was asking for the interpreters was not Hispanic/Latino, she was White. Her nonprofit is for kids 14-19yrs. But they are all Hispanic. Not one Black, White or Asian. So much to be said for that diversity they brag about loving.

These people are such selfish hypocrites, I get sick to the stomach just thinking about them.