View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
SOS Associate

While Don is right about many things, I think there's a bit of propaganda overall. There were recessions, and jobs were scarce then. While there was a bit more demand and adherence to respect for authority, Blacks, mainly those in the south, were expected to have a lot more respect than whites. There was a little more respect for the American dollar, and the US taxpayers money, except where war was concerned (vietnam). Forced conscription (the draft) was staring our generation in the face. I still have my first draft card. Although jobs were available throught my younger years, I was exposed to sexual harrassment, verbal abuse, and the ever present threat of termination for participating in say...an antiwar demonstration.
There are differences now, that obviously compel my activism. While I don't subscribe to Don's theories on genetics, I will admit that there has been a concerted effort to downgrade white people, and white culture. I do speak out about that as many here would know. There is also zero respect for american sovereignty now, whereas back then it was taken for granted. We didn't seem to casually elect as many boobs and criminals as representatives overall back then, but once again, many black people in the south would disagree