View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 AM

Medoza - teacher, assemblyman, environmentalist:

Quote:
Assemblymember Mendoza To Host Young Legislators Meeting To Educate Them On The Environment

WHO:
Assemblymember Tony Mendoza

WHAT:
Young Legislators Meeting

WHEN:
Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

WHERE:
Southern California Edison
9401 Geary Ave., Santa Fe Springs, Ca 90670

NORWALK, CA — Assemblymember Tony Mendoza (D-Norwalk) will host his monthly Young Legislators meeting on Saturday, November 20TH at Southern California Edison.

About 90 high school seniors from 18 high schools will attend the meeting to learn about green technology and jobs. The students were selected from a group of more than 200 seniors who applied for Assemblymember Mendoza’s 10-month program.

“It is extremely important that these young leaders learn the importance of balancing a green policy when integrating business friendly initiatives,” said Assemblymemmber Mendoza. “I was mentored by elected officials who taught me how to make a difference in my community. I hope to do the same with them.”

Assemblymember Mendoza’s Young Legislators meet once a month to learn about the lifecycle of legislation, healthcare challenges, business issues, water, labor, environment, public safety and other issues that affect the State of California. The free program, open to all seniors of the 56th District, culminates with a visit to the State Capitol in June. [WOW!]

Assemblymember Mendoza, a public school teacher and current vice-chair of the California Latino Legislative Caucus, represents the communities of Artesia, Hawaiian Gardens, Cerritos, Buena Park, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, Lakewood, Los Nietos and Whittier.

Contact Us Sign up for E-Updates
[ Mendoza TV ]

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-08-2011 at 05:01 AM.