View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Default Retired Teacher asks that the race card be put away

This is an email I received today:

Retired Teacher Howard Williams, Former Fontana, CA High School Teacher
Retired teacher, Howard Williams, asks that the race card be put away. As a Jew, he "knows more about hatred and racism than most minorities." Below is his analysis of a visit to a local, Southern California Social Security Office and employment testing firm .
Uphold Our Laws: Stop The Hate & Assimilate
I am not putting down any minority. I am simply deeply concerned over the sovereignty and culture of the United States. The country I love dearly and fought for - I nearly died in the service of this wonderful country.

I stopped at the Social Security Office on Holt Boulevard, Ontario, CA, to address retirement issues. I had some time to kill and decided to take a mental snapshot to see who was there.

So, I strolled around.

I counted 81 adults, not including me, of which 19 appeared to be non-Hispanic. I wondered why 75 percent of these people were Hispanic and why they were so young. These were mostly young people with small children. Were any illegal aliens? Is this why our Social Security system is in such trouble?

I listened in on some of the conversations to ascertain what language they were speaking. There were no conversations in English among the Hispanics.

Later, I drove to a clinic for a pre-hire drug and TB test for a part time job. I was 1 of 14 adults and the only non-Hispanic. The adults were only speaking Spanish.

Our country has been strengthened by immigrants who entered and resided in our country LEGALLY and assimilated into our way of life, while keeping their culture. What bothers me, is that now there are people who enjoy residing in the U.S. but refuse to learn our language and assimilate into our way of life. And then, t hey demand that taxpayers support them as they express hatred toward America.

When I was a teacher at Fontana High School, there were Hispanic students who called me a racist because I was not bilingual.

To summarize: This is not a matter of prejudice but, rather, compromising the very ideals which make this country great. We must demand that our elected officials promote enforcement of U.S. immigration laws, the English language, and assimilation into our American culture.