View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:23 PM

Default Recount of meeting with State Senator Steve Knight

The meeting with State Senator Steve Knight went well.

Nine people came to the meeting, and every body spent some time discussing their view points on illegal immigration and the horrible amnesty petition that the 15 Republican state representatives signed. We also did a speaker phone discussion with Don Rosenberg, as he recounted the gruesome details of how his son was brutally killed by an illegal alien driver, (the illegal alien driver purposely ran over his son three times).

Steve Knight was a bit testy and condescending at times. Our main point of the meeting was to ask him to rescind his signature, and tell him that he doesn't have our support in asking for amnesty for illegal aliens.

Our impression of Steve Knight was that he was a bit odd, kind of a mixture of overly defensive, and overly competitive with a sizable dash of condescension. In fact he was kind of like dealing with a big teenager in detention.

I do give him credit for being accessible to us. Many Politicians don't have the guts to meet with their own constituents, especially if they are angered about something, but I do have to give credit that Steve Knight did meet with us.

Steve Knight didn't say weather or not he would rescind his signature on the amnesty petition, but I left him my contact information, and I told him that I would continue to pass out his damaging amnesty petition at Republican meetings throughout the district this year and the next, but if he issued a statement or a retraction I would include it with his amnesty petition.

Steve Knight did mention that to his dismay, they were quite unhappy with the flood of angry calls that they received about the amnesty petition that he signed.

We then went on an impromptu visit to Congressmen Buck McKeon's office, were we met again with his district director Morris Thomas.
I once again hammered home my point that we were extremely unhappy that McKeon was still unwilling to meet with his Constituents. I also pointed out that Congressmen Steve Miller, Ed Royce, Kevin McCarthy had all met with us but McKeon still refuses.
One of our members Robin Hvidston gave McKeons representative two petitions, one condemning the California Republicans that cosponsored Nancy Pelosi's amnesty bill and another petition condemning the amnesty petition that the 15 Republican state Reps. signed and sent to the California Republican Congressmen.

While at the meeting I told McKeon's district director that we had just been to a meeting with State Senator Steve Knight to condemn his signature on the amnesty petition. McKeon's district director told us that Congressmen McKeon and the other California Republican Congressmen were very annoyed with the Republican Legislators meddling in this issue. Apparently the petition didn't go over well with California Republican Congressmen. That might explain some of the testiness coming from Knight.

Overall the amnesty petition coming from Republican Legislators in Sacramento to Washington was a big looser. It seems The Republican Congressmen were annoyed with it, and it generated a huge blow back of angry calls to those Republican in Sacramento that signed the petition.

In other words it was a huge flop that caused those that signed it nothing but well deserved grief, and Perhaps that's exactly why they wanted to solicit this petition in secret.

I owe a big thank you to all the people that made the time to come to the meeting, many people drove over 100 miles to make it. It's activism and patriotism like this that is defeating the amnesty battle in Washington.

After the meeting we talked about the possible impending defeat of amnesty in D.C. and how if amnesty is defeated in the 113th Congress it will be a huge defeat to the amnesty proponents.

It's important to know that we are battling the most powerful political and monied elite in our country, if not the world. It's also a fact that every time we defeat amnesty our side grows larger and stronger. We defeated it in 2006, 2007 and hopefully 2013. You know the old saying, "three times and you're out!". If we defeat it again I think it's time to flip our strategy, We should then go on the offensive and use the same energy and demand an immigration moratorium, and E-verify.

If we can defeat the money and political power of Soros, Zuckerberg, the US Chamber of commerce, LaRaza and the entire Democrat Party three times on this issue, I think that we have the ability to get our larger goals, which are an immigration moratorium and E-verify accomplished.

Sincerely,
Greg in LA

Last edited by Greg in LA; 11-14-2013 at 08:47 PM.