View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
SOS Associate

By the way,

I weighed in on another bill yesterday, although not in SOS's behalf. It was a bill that would require an employer to allow an employee to present themselves in whatever sexual identity they chose. So a man could dress as a woman, and lead all the other employees and the emplyers customers or patients to believe he was a woman. For me, as a previous, and hopeful future employer, I'd have serious problems allowing someone to misrepresent themselves to my customers, In fact, I'd place a sign out front warning my customers that due to state law, employees of this establishment might be misrepresenting their actual gender. Not something you'd want to put on your door, but the failure to do so could result in some customers feeling violated should they engage with a falsely representing person, and disclose personal information that might not otherwise have been disclosed to that person. Or, that female employee became uncomfortable after having been in the restroom with a man that was dressing and presenting themselves as a woman. A sense of violation might again be reasonably felt, and then I'm in the position of not having protected that employee. There are numerous problems with this bill.
But it made it out of committee again

The tape is here, and the bill comes about 1:27 on the tape
My testimony comes about 1:36:50

http://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewvideo/2263

Also of note, at the end of the support portion of the witnesses, the second to the last person to witness in support of the bill was previously my next door neighbor. He's moved out since then, but he made sure to point me out to his betheren there. I'm not sure if it was to validate that I existed, since he may have relayed my legendary status as an activist with SOS to them. He was also a one-worlder. Or, he may have thought I might change my views if people knew where I lived
He was at 1:34:18