View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Germany was once lost to Hitler

Fiji was once lost to Indians

Guam was once lost to the Japanese

The point is, it's a principle and a way of life you choose, and the real estate is the battleground. What purpose does it serve to make statements like those if you really want to live another way? Are you trying to convince yourself that you can never have the government and way of life of your choosing, or trying to convince the opposition that they are winning?
AG, your thinking makes sense over the long term, but I'm not going to live that long. Sure California could once return to the way it was, and of course the sooner the better, but the way things are going I'm not holding my breath for it to happen in my lifetime. If that sounds cynical or defeatist I'm sorry, but the reality is that it will take many years to turn things around here. If I had the power to change things sooner I would do whatever I could. I guess I shouldn't say California is lost because that implies it's lost forever, and I couldn't accept that. It's not that I've given up all hope, but other than voting I just don't know what I can do to change the reality of the situation. A few years ago I wouldn't have said this, as we had a viable movement and it looked like we actually had the chance to change things. But now look at how SOS has dwindled as well as other similar movements which we hardly ever hear from anymore. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line we lost our voice, and I no longer feel empowered to change the direction of this state.

Just as example of how little chance we have to change things any time soon, look at the last election we had for governor. We had a choice between Moonbeam and Meg Whitman, both of whom we know had no sympathy for what we stand for. But of course there was Chelene Nightingale who did but never had a prayer of winning, and we both know you wouldn't have voted for her if she was the last person on earth.

I know you don't appreciate these sentiments, and I really admire everything you've done and continue to do to fight the power. Perhaps if there were more people like yourself we wouldn't be in this mess, but it seems that there either aren't enough people who care anymore, or there is more sympathy for illegal aliens than there used to be. So I'm sorry to sound so discouraged, but I really am.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-05-2013 at 07:07 PM.