View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Boy do I feel for you. This sounds horrible! For what it's worth I may have a milder case of that disease, although it was never officially diagnosed as Meniere's. Most of your symptoms are really familiar to me because I've also experienced them over extended periods of time such as the loss of hearing in my left ear, ringing in the ear, vertigo, and the nausea resulting from the vertigo. I also had some scary experiences with it while driving and it was terrifying, like I was driving in outer space on the freeway, and I would end up vomiting, sometimes in the car. Fortunately, the only symptom I still have consistently is the loss of hearing in my left ear, which is not total. The hearing loss was pretty disorienting for a long time, and I found I had to keep turning toward the person talking to me if he was on my left, but I seem to have adjusted to this now. I really wish there was some way I could help, but I'm no doctor. It sounds like you're doing better right now, and I hope that continues.
I'd encourage you to get that looked at. This started out for me with just very minor hearing loss. Just kinda felt like it was "plugged up" from time to time. If it's intermittent, it could signal things to come. It also doesn't bode well that you're having both hearing loss and vertigo. As it was described for me after my first serious episode of vertigo, they called it a classic escalation. they can give a hearing test to monitor and chart the condition. Certain sounds will aggravate it or go first. They can also give you a balance test, although that can be hell...or not.