View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I went out and voted about 7:00 AM. I wanted to hurry and get it done.
You are correct about the yard signs. The only sign in my neighborhood is for Linda Sanchez, absolutely no one else. I have seen one car with an Obama sign on it.
A friend took me to Pasadena last week and we drove around for a while. There were a lot of signs for both Obama and Romney. In San Marino, there were signs in many yards and most were Obama signs. I told the friend that I was surprised that so many in San Marino were for Obama, she said you have to go to the 'old money' neighborhoods to find Romney signs.

That is some of what I found out when I registered to vote at age 21. I did not stay with the R Party very long because I found they were only for the wealthy (remember the 47 percent Romney talked about in that video?)
I also found them to be the dirtiest of all. That is why I left the party more than 60 years ago and never to return.
If there is a good Rep. I will vote for him/her, but in a tight race I will still go some other party.
I didn't get what you did on the comment of 47% from Romney. He said exactly what I felt and thought. Most Dem's are pretty set in their opinions just as most Reps. The difference is many Dem's are getting some sort of gov. check in the mail. You'd probibly say wealthy Reps would have the same. Money in your pocket is a great influence on your vote, so why pretend that you'd have some influence with them. It's like trying to get an illegal to campaign for secure borders, an uphill battle. Romney was just using common sense when he made that statement.

The answer will come when one or both of the two sides figures out they need the other. You can't have a business without employees, and you can't have jobs without businesses. Tax the business out of existance they both loose. If the employees aren't paid enough to buy the businesses product or service, the business folds. There's a balance, but when one side takes too much they both loose. Sometimes that excess is taxes, sometimes it's entitlements and unions.