View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Ayatolla, exactly what do you haul, what quantities, what sort of equipment does the haulage require?

The background check and finger printing I assume has to do with pervasive copper and aluminum theft, asking for anything more than convictions to apply for a license flies right in the face of presumption of innocence and proof of guilt doctrine in America.

As a side note, cash strapped Los Angeles is finally going after years of tax evasion by businesses in the city, and the state is pursuing what is essentially theft in the form of subsistence fraud, travel vouchers and payroll advances.
I haul pretty much anything. Our biggest rig is a 35 yard dump trailer, and there is also 3 small flatbed trailers, one or more of which can be towed in tandem. The truck is a 1 ton able to tow 5th wheels, pull trailers..
Weight wise, I've hauled 13k pounds of load, plus the truck and trailer weight, but often it's much smaller.
The fingerprinting had nothing to do with copper theft, as that requirement pre-dated the rise in copper prices by a decade. I don't know why they started that. that's not even a big deal for me, as they're my fingerprints, and I'm as confortable with anyone knowing they're mine as I am people knowing my face and phone number.
So show me where the city is going after tax evasion. this interests me.