View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM
SOS Associate

Default Another Nail In My Economic Coffin

I've just received a renewal notice for license to haul. It's a county license, and it used to cost a little over 100 bucks. I had to submit a background check and be fingerprinted. All that has changed. A bill that became law in the state has now added some heavy, heavy administrative and other requirements that have made this business impossible for me.
The new requirements are additional costs for licensure, submitting to a larger scope backgound check at the sheriff to include asking if I have ever been charged with a crime....not convicted...charged!
Then, you have to prove 2 million in liability insurance on each policy. Also must submit two years worth of tax returns, and have an audited financial statement attached. Audited!. Must also submit to another, seperate vehicle inspection. I already have to be inspected by the state, and list my vehicles to the county. This is a new inspection on top of that.

Also need to have on file a plan to show how I intend to divert a certain percentage of the waste to recycle or re-use.

check out this 21 page application:

http://www.msa2.saccounty.net/swa/Do...2011.19.09.pdf

Bottom line is, there is only 16 haulers licensed thus far, and there's no way I'm able to comply with this at present

The compliance thing makes contractors and companies liable for fines if they don't use the approved haulers. You are supposed to get a sticker after your inspection and if you roll up to a job without one, the contractor or company is supposed to refuse you.

Thank the Green something or another legislation for this one.