View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:25 PM

Default Exploring the Hollywood Propaganda Machine

Exploring the Hollywood Propaganda Machine
Hollywood matters.
It matters because we watch Hollywood product day in and day out. Your children spend six or seven hours at school, and couple of hours with their friends, and a couple of hours with you. They spend a full three hours with the television.
You get home from work, kick off your shoes, and plop down in front of the TV, hoping simply to chill out. Instead, you get unmitigated liberalism pouring out of your TV. But you continue to watch because it’s great. It’s fun, thrilling, dramatic, or hilarious. We think it has no impact on us.
But it does. Television made Barack Obama. Television it supported bigger and bigger government, from Welfare to health care; pushed abortion-on-demand and the radical gay agenda into the mainstream; it stumped against war and for meaningless buzzwords like diversity and dangerous buzzwords like multiculturalism. Television has done more to change the politics of our nation than simple politics has.
Television has manipulated us. And those who create television have done it purposefully, and elegantly. They have weeded out conservatives in the industry wholesale. They have worked hand-in-glove with liberals in government to forward the leftist agenda. They have turned pure entertainment into a vehicle for propaganda.
And for years, they’ve lied about it. Just as they did with the mainstream news media and the universities, television industry honchos told us that no bias exists; that if there is bias, it’s because the American public demands bias; that any attempt to peek behind the television screen is McCarthyism.
Now, I’ve peeked behind that screen. In my new book, Primetime Propaganda, I went into the heart of Hollywood. I spoke personally with scores of major Hollywood names, who admitted to me on tape that discrimination takes place in Hollywood, that they use their programming to manipulate Americans politically, that they scorn everyday conservatives, and that they twist the television market to achieve their own political goals.
I didn’t hide who I was in doing these interviews. I told them my name, my legal background, and what my book was about. They granted me interviews because they are proud of their propagandizing efforts. If they had known I was a conservative, would they have let me through the door? Some of them would have. But others probably assumed that because of my Jewish last name and my Harvard Law baseball cap, I was a liberal. More than that, they likely assumed that because I was in Hollywood in the first place, I was a liberal.
Now, we’ve got the goods. The biggest names in television over the past few decades – the people who made your favorite shows – told me that they propagandize, they do it purposefully but subtly, and they do it because they feel a moral need to do it.
Over the next days, we are going to roll out the tape. We’re going to do it from multiple directions, and we’re going to do it in their own house organs. They’re going to have to respond.
Conservatives take heed: the battle has now begun. The entertainment industry is more powerful by multiples than the liberal news media. That’s because even conservatives will watch liberal shows, where few conservatives would watch CNN. We’ll all go see a popcorn flick, even if it’s Avatar, and even if it’s telling us and our children that the American military is imperialistic and evil. That has an impact.
Now we can take our culture back. Culture is the hardware – politics is the software. If we want to take our country back, we need to start by reclaiming our cultural heritage. Primetime Propaganda starts that work.
Then, if you want to do more, visit Declaration Entertainment to get involved in the process of making conservative entertainment a reality. We’re conservatives – that means we compete in the marketplace rather than regulating it or boycotting it. They’ve created a market inefficiency we’re going to exploit.
But first, read up on the conflict by picking up a copy of Primetime Propaganda. Find out what you’re watching – from the inside – and find out and why it’s so insidious. The number one tool in the left’s arsenal is the television industry. Let’s take that weapon out of their hands.
http://townhall.com/columnists/bensh...machine/page/2