View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 AM

The Signal Opinion Section
Research and dispel the myths
I would be interested to know how this peaceful valley came to the attention of that vigilante group, the Minutemen. Were they invited here by City Councilman Bob Kellar, or did he just fall in behind their militant agenda to scapegoat and place blame on hard-working victims of a bad situation?

Research and dispel the myths

By Barbara Cogswell
Canyon Country
Posted: March 9, 2010 10:13 p.m.
POSTED March 10, 2010 4:55 a.m.

I would be interested to know how this peaceful valley came to the attention of that vigilante group, the Minutemen. Were they invited here by City Councilman Bob Kellar, or did he just fall in behind their militant agenda to scapegoat and place blame on hard-working victims of a bad situation?

Those concerned about immigration problems should do some investigation regarding the motivation of this migration of human beings to leave their homes and families to a place that is less than warm and welcoming.

I suggest they type “Mexican emigration” into their computer browsers and read some of those articles. Then try “immigrant contributions to Social Security.” This will dispel myths surrounding this question and promote a broader understanding of facts on which to base an opinion.

Reading an account of Mexican/U.S. interactions may also be helpful in placing where we are now in relation to history.

Last edited by Ole Glory; 03-10-2010 at 11:56 AM.