View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
There has to be a better way to apply E-verify so that US citizens are protected and do not have to go through the process when applying for employment. Policing illegals at the time when they apply for employment is a burden on both the employer and US citizens who are looking for work. Illegals should not even get that close to be able to apply for work.

Here's an idea, why not make E-verify mandatory only in the case where the employer or anyone involved in hiring for an employer is not a US citizen. Let's face it, the vast majority of hiring of illegals is done by non-citizens, people who are in the country legally, but not US citizens.
That would be a great idea, if it were not for the fact that there is black market for phony identification documents. All one has to do in Los Angeles is head down to the MacArthur Park area and you can get set-up with a phony driver's license and Social Security card for about $100. So E-Verify has to be implemented not on a selective case-by-case basis, but on every hire an employer makes.

Further, the whine of the businessmen about the "burden" of running E-Verify is bunk. Nearly every job I have applied for in the past year has required that I submit to some sort of background check. Some employers are even going so far as to do credit checks on potential employees! If businesses can willingly spend $50 or $60 on background and credit checks, they can be forced to perform E-Verify be the government.

Once again, we see who is really on the side of screwing the Americans they so piously claim to be protecting, the Democrats.