View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Enlistee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl View Post
Well the results, as far as their input into LAUSD, speaks for itself. With all their finger pointing and never the thought of looking at themselves as the problem, this failed system will continue, and at the taxpayer's expense. They keep pushing the 'victim' mentality social injustice theme, all the while excusing the lack of true school with a focus on marketable and usable skills. It matter much less if a student can read, do math or comprehend common sense situations. Just as long as they have 'pride' and can argue that it's the system and the country's fault. Being a victim is such a noble cause, who needs those pesky skills like reading and writing.
A few years ago when the May Day skip school BS was going on, a reporter asked a high school girl from Rialto or Ontario why she ditched school.

The only reason the girl could come up with was "I'm doing it for my pride!", with little other notion of what it was all about - amnesty for illegal aliens.

It's just "socially permissible" racism. Let a white person even think of doing what they get away with concerning racism and watch how fast the race card gets thrown on them.

You can't really blame the gabacho anymore for Latino illiteracy. It's pretty hard to yell "the white man is holding me back!" when the people running the show have Spanish last names, south of the border family origins, and an education filled with Chicano studies.

Forty years of Chicano studies