View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM
SOS Associate

Default Stealth Amnesty Still Happening

Years ago I relayed my experiences here with some of my former employees. I had a native born spanish speaker from mexico working at my business, I believe she was an anchor baby, but not sure. She had a sister that was illegally working under a false ID, a husband working illegally under a false ID, and a brother in law working illegally under a false ID.

During the next year or two, the husband was outed as an illegal where he worked, and faced termination. They took their case to san francisco immigration court and won legal status for him despite the facct he had re-entered illegally after being deported, and trying to evade a border patrol agent at the border, gunning the car through the checkpoint. He now works as a class A truck driver legally.

One sister, after I received a "run" letter from IRS, also took her case to immigration authorites and won legal status, within a couple weeks I might add. She is now working legally at a big processing company.

One brother who had worked illegally has also been legalized recently, and is still employed, as well as the boyfriend of the sister who had also been outed where he worked several years ago.

The husband and the sister are un-explainable as to why they were granted work status, especially so after the husband had received a ban on entry for many years as a result of the forced entry incident.

The rest, I found out last night, had been chain migrated by a sister in law, thereby granting legal status to those who had broken the law for many years. I caught up with my former employee last night at a home they bought for next to nothing thanks to the recent crisis. Although my former employee is not working now, she took course in GED, and also got her medial assisitance training, but cannot find a job in that field. The husband is working, although his hours have been cut back to 30.

Why is this not amnesty? Of course it is. Any reason is sufficient to justify legalization, and fines are small if not forgiven.
Chain migration is one of our biggest threats to the workplace.