View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 AM

Default Sarah

As an old time Republican that voted for every Republic President since Ike, I liked Sarah and her attitude.

However, I don't think she is electable if she maintains her strong right wing position. Here's why.

It has been my observation that virtually no politician has the courage of their convictions They will say anything they think the voters want to hear. They will make any campaign promise and the day after inauguration it goes out the window. They flip. I've seen it around here time and again.

They pander to the Hispanic vote. It is truly becoming a very strong element now in elections.

Democrats outnumber Republicans.

When she quit as Governor. That was a big disappointment. True the opposition was attacking her incessantly and causing a run up of 1/2 million dollars in legal bills. She no doubt quit to go for the money which she is raking in now. I can't fault her for that.

Look at Ron Paul. Enormously popular with conservatives. Had all of the right ideas. Very sound and reliable, but look at how he ranked in the campaign.

Mitt Romney. Excellent choice. He would have straightened out this mess in short order.

And look at what we got - Obama !!

Huckabee - good guy but very fuzzy on immigration.

We'll wait and see who is running in the next election. I want to get to know them.