View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Quote:Public welfare protects the public, the public being citizens. It protects citizens from poverty and it protects the rest of the citizens from the consequences of other citizens who, for whatever reason, are forced to live in poverty.

Welfare has not "protected" the public. It has created an underclass lifestyle that has gone on now for over three generations and continues to do damage to society, not protect it! Its become a handout, not a hand up.
I agree. Welfare has not done anything to protect the public. But that is the purpose of welfare. That's why we have it and that's why we should have it. Pointing this out does not in the slightest support your accusations against me. You have absolutely no grounds for what you posted about me.

I agree that nobody should be raising children while living under welfare. If you are forced to live with public assistance, then you shouldn't start raising a family. If changing circumstances force your family to depend on public assistance, then you shouldn't have any more kids then you did when circumstances changed. And, let's face it, a lot people who are ineligible for public assistance can't afford to be raising families either and the cost of having kids is one of the things that make them eligible for public assistance.

And remember, we're talking about real citizens here. Not illegals, not immigrants and not naturalized citizens, none of which should be eligible for public assistance or any government money of any kind whatsoever. None of our government should be subsidizing immigration.