View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
To most of those people you refer to as "Africans" Africa is something in books or on TV, and Maxine Waters was born in Missouri.

There was a white woman from South Africa who became an American citizen and liked to toss out the joke that she is "African American", which is far more true than black Americans who are described as such.

Labels based on race are misleading. Somehow whites are "American", brown is "Mexican", Black is "African American" and people who tend to have the Mongolian fold in their eyes are "Asian". Yet if they are from America people from anywhere else in the world would describe them as American, as Maxine Waters would be if she visited any country in Africa.

Hard as so many people from racist Jose Angel Gutierrez to racist David Duke try so hard to make it so, race is not an indication of nationality, legal status, language, culture, religion, political persuasion, or whether or not someone is a good neighbor. Nor is it an indicator of criminality.

Or the quality of your son in law.

Why is someone's ancestry so important to you? So far you've hit them all except for "japs" and "chinks".
I was going to answer Don's post, however after reading your post, ilbegone, I don't think I can add anything to this.
I do think Don is probably on the wrong forum.