View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 AM

I use plastic grocery bags as trash bags. I suppose that is evil intent nowadays.

I don't get texting. I've seen people within easy conversation distance text one another, it seems that instead of imaginative play (and even adults should play from time to time) the majority of kids seem to constantly have their attention wrapped around the device in their hands - even while walking from point A to Point B.

Tiny screens from yesteryear? There are those who watch whole movies from the palms of their hands.

"Green" seems to me to be a con. Rooftop solar sells at an obscene markup, and solar panels are made in China - perhaps the most egregious industrial polluter in the world. "Green" is now pitched and sold in about the same heedless manner as "tough on crime", both with little thought and applied with the moral equivalent of swatting flies at the dinner table with a ball bat.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.