View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Volkmann’s comments came during a New Year’s Day interview after he had won a fight. A reporter asked who Volkmann would like to fight next and he replied, “Obama.”
“He’s not too bright,” Volkmann told MMA Fighting. “Someone’s got to knock some sense into that idiot.”
The comment prompted a visit by the U.S. Secret Service after they received several calls accusing the fighter of threatening the president. However, Volkmann said the comments were tongue-in-cheek.
In addition to being a UFC fighter and assistant wrestling coach, Volkmann is a chiropractor and he said his comments were about the president’s health care reform policies.
In a later interview, he backed off the “idiot comment,” telling The MMA Hour, “The only regret I have is calling him an idiot. I don’t think he’s an idiot, but I do think he’s making a lot of mistakes.”
I hope this will help to stop the out of control statements being made these days. Our society has taken the 'Freedon of Speech' much too far. We disrespect any and all.

I think the school was into it because he was in the school uniform.

I am one of the ones who said many things about GWB but I hope I did not go too far. Today the mood is far more militant than ever before.

I wish our society could be what it was 40 years ago, even with all the bad we had then.