View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Continent Thief

Jean, I can't disagree with anything you said here. This issue is not black and white, and there is a case to be made for both sides, otherwise I wouldn't have quoted from the article in FAIR just before your post. I certainly think an attempt should be made to determine who and how many illegals are here, but I think it may be naive, as I said earlier, to believe that we can obtain this information as a part of the census. Once we get the illegals out (assuming we ever do), of course this will no longer even be an issue. But let me just use a crude example of what I was trying to point out earlier:

Let's say you lived in an apartment building where you were the only legal resident and there were 49 illegal alien tenants. Let's say water was being rationed according to the population of all the buildings in the city. If all of the illegals were to be eliminated from the building count, the building would get enough water for one person even though there was a need for 50 times that much. Therefore everyone in the building would have 1/50 of his/her need for water. That wouldn't work out too well, would it? I would just look at counting everyone as a temporary fix until we have the illegal situation under control. I know it's not fair, but what else can you do?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 11-10-2009 at 06:18 AM.