View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 AM
SOS Associate

Default Governor Urges Support For Human Trafficking Victims

My opinion of this is, that because amnesty may not happen in its' most fulfilling dream of open borders zealots, there will be an underhanded approach to amnestizing as many as possible by hook or by crook. Keeping the borders open and letting the traffickers continue their craft, but legalizing the "victims" will be one of the "crooks"

Governor proclaims Human Trafficking awareness day

Quote:
January 11, 2010, as “Human Trafficking Awareness Day.”PROCLAMATIONby theGovernor of the State of California
Human trafficking is modern-day slavery. Victims are held against their will and are subjected to sexual exploitation, forced labor and a host of other deprivations of freedom and dignity. This is a most terrible crime, and it’s happening right now in countries across the world, including the United States.

While victims are of every age, race, gender and nationality, the majority are women and children. Most victims have been abused, threatened and restrained to a point of being powerless to free themselves. Our own vigilance is crucial to rescuing those held captive.

Along with many Californians, Maria and I strongly believe in the fight to end human trafficking and together have worked hard to raise awareness of ways we can stop it. Since coming into office, I have signed numerous bills that have increased not only the punishments for those convicted of trafficking, but also the support offered to the victims of this heinous crime.

Maria and I commend law enforcement agencies and governments at the federal, state, local and tribal levels for their work to aid victims and stop traffickers. We also thank other dedicated individuals and organizations for their actions in this important endeavor. Each one of us here in the Golden State should be aware of this crime and contact law enforcement if we suspect someone is being held against their will.

Human trafficking goes against basic human rights and everything our country stands for. May each of us work harder to fight this evil and do everything in our power to return freedom and futures to the victims.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim January 11, 2010, as “Human Trafficking Awareness Day.”

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 8th day of January 2010.

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
Governor of California

ATTEST:

DEBRA BOWEN
Secretary of State