View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
It might be percieved that way, but I'm not really interested in a personal attack.

The idea is to show the disconnect with reality on an average person's level.

Murguia doesn't seem to me to have much more of a personal connection with contemporary illegals than I do - her background, parents emphasizing education, accomplishments, all that high dollar traveling, the style in which she lives, where she lives...

An extensive education, an obsessed life mission, and political connections out the wazoo.

She might have been on a totally different path in life if it had been not been for Mecha and Chicano studies in her education.
"We clean your toilets." Right? They should have said "They clean our toilets. And there is no way we are going to clean our own."

It sounds like you are making observations about her and illegals that are a closs parallel to Obama and African Americans. It's almost like there is a pattern or template.

But is Marguia really a good talking point for this rally, or any rally? Is this really a defensive reaction against all this strife we have been hearing from the Minutemen and SOS itself? That might be a little shallow and obvious.