View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 09:13 AM
"SZinWestLA"

I agree w/ a lot of what you wrote. I think there's a chunk of information regarding the president that has been intentionally kept out of the public eye, much like the extent of FDR's physical infirmity and Kennedy's infidelities were unknown to most Americans. It's just that this not being a natural born citizen nonsense isn't it.

Given the amount of money that has been spent keeping his academic records from public view, it's likely (and this constitutes my opinion only) he's been the beneficiary of Affirmative Action practices (as he made reference to, while in law school). He might have earned subpar grades at his undergraduate schools that would not normally merit admission to Harvard Law School, or he might have an academic record in law school that was inferior to any number of other Harvard Law students who were considered for the Law Review Editor position.

Who knows? Maybe his LSAT score (law school admission test) was a few points below what white students needed to be accepted at Harvard. Or, perhaps, he got some favorable treatment in spite of a pedestrian SAT result when he applied to Occidental, because he's black.

If any of these are true, they would constitute something an aspiring U.S. presidential candidate of color would want to hide. Middle American white folks (and Asians, too) mostly don't like Affirmative Action. They think of it as unfair and "reverse discrimination." Had such an issue played out in the media during the the general election, he could have lost lots of the 40%+ plus of white votes he received and were absolutely critical to winning office.

Also, it's possible he might have listed himself as a Muslim on one or more of his college applications for the purpose of favorable consideration in admissions (Again, Affirmative Action/Diversity stuff that is gold in the contemporary higher education scheme of things). He might have been listed as a Muslim on his school records when he was living with his adoptive father in Malaysia. It would be a natural thing to take advantage of when traversing the idiotic, PC saturated world of college admissions that existed in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think the guy's a Muslim but he could have it on his records somewhere from his childhood and simply decided to put it to good use as a young adult.

Hell, I'd have done the same thing. If I thought I could gain admission to Columbia and Harvard by listing myself as one of our Islamic friends, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 01-28-2012 at 09:20 AM.