View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
So I am left with the question, how much ideological agreement must one have to post here? And is there real freedom to post dissent without running the risk of being called a "la razaist? Or should people that agree with the general idea of border security, but disagree on specific details just shut up and go away. Further thinning the already thinned ranks of this movement, and making it look even more like the gathering of far right kooks that the leftist media makes it out to be? I hate using the word, because the Left has ruined it, but is there room for tolerance within this group, and this movement? Again, I am not speaking of the things perpetrated by the Gilchrests, Nightingales, and Gheens of this movement, but on issues where there can be civil disagreement.

What say you?
I think we're all very tolerant here, else there'd be numerous blank spots on this forum. No one has to be ideologically in sync to post. Since we are a non-profit, we can't really take sides on candidates or spend too much of our time on influencing legislation, so we certainly can't marginalize our associates and supporters over their support or opposition of any legislation. That doesn't mean that you won't be questioned by other posters/associates/supporters about your personal views or motives, However that questioning isn't coming from an official capacity. I've seen that you are capable of your own defense generally, so I don't usually rush to your aide. Really, we are all quite suspicious of each other in some form, mainly because we don't interract face to face where stronger bonds usually get built. We're all kinda like siblings, so we're going to fight amongst ourselves from time to time. Try not to show your weaknesses though. Your siblings aim for those first