View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
A country that cannot feed itself will not survive. It will be dependent on whoever provides the people's food much like a pet. Haiti grew its own food prior to the slave revolt. Zimbabwe was once the breadbasket of Africa until the farmers were slaughtered and the crops burned in the fields.

If we do not resurrect our farmlands, we have a future of the people standing in UN food distribution lines.

To imagine that cutting off the water to farms will have some effect on the invasion is extremely short sighted. The invaders will have the water and YOU and I will be paying the bill, and we STILL have to import our food. As long as we can pay for it that is. After all, without the ability to grow our own, an exporter can charge whatever it wishes.

I fail to see how the growers are scamming anyone when they have lost farms, orchards and ranches that have been in families for generations. I see no scam in rich topsoil blowing away as dust. Some of these growers have lost everything they have. Now you might say they employed criminal aliens and deserve the loss. Even if it is true, I fail to see how such "scamming" to the point of losing everything is beneficial. Or how the loss of tens of thousands of acres of farmland benefits us.
The water doesn't end up in the poor downtrodden family farms. The promoters just make it look that way just like the illegals supporters use "splitting up families" and "hard working tax paying good hearted people".
Once they get their way, and the water, they'll just continue driving out family farms the way they did before this opportunity came along.