View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
The reason the government keeps spouting that number is that it is probably close to accurate given that many of the illegals from years prior have been given legal status, ie amnesty. Maybe not citizenship, but legal status to work. I've been harping about this since my early days at SOS, and I know people don't want to hear it, but it's true. They are, and have been legalizing a big portion of the illegal entrants every year, but we have new ones that take their place. Now if you added the amnestied ones into the numbers since 2003 or 2004, you'd probably have 20 to 25 million illegals. I think RIM's estiate would be accurate if you added the sum of the illegals + the amnestied over 6 years + the generous work visas the government doles out + the tourist and other non work visas that work anyway or do not.
Interesting. How are those illegals who get amnesty or legal status able to do so?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."