View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 PM
SOS Associate

Default Sheriff Dupnik Capitalizing On Gifford Shooting

An interview conducted with sheriff Dupnik regarding the shooting of Gabriella Gifford had the sheriff decrying the tone of "vitriol and anger in this country's politics, and he called Arizona the capitol and a mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

I am disgusted by his use of this tragedy to propel the anti SB1070 agenda, but I'm not surprised. this is a sleazy attempt to propagandize during a difficult time for everyone, and he should be chastised for this, especially since there reportedly is NO Motive that has been released at this time that would indicate that link.
I'm saddened of the losses and the injuries, however it is shameful for the anti-border security lobby to use this event to further their agenda, especially when there is no evidence to support that connection.
This attack is an attack on all of us in that regard, It is an attack on our way of life, and an attack on our way of government. That is all the more reason to carry on as if this had not happened, but grieve the losses, and do what we can to overcome it.