View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
There may have been underlying race issues with some which contributed to the problem, but race doesn't seem to me to be the primary issue.
No, maybe not. Natomas, the area in which this took place, is full of low-lifes, ghetto dwellers, gang activity, and high density apartment housing. They're all races, but whitey is still the cause of all their woes. You hear it from the white ones too. As long as someone of stature is white, an outsider, and representing "the problem", they are going to be subject to racial attacks...even from the white people in the mob.
I used to go through this area daily up until a year ago, and I did eat at that IHOP sometimes. That particular part of Natomas is all industrial and retail, but the apartments and close in housing is just a short hop away. Sacramento is finding out what happens when you just try to warehouse the poor, and massage their failings. We've had quite a number of personal fler-ups that end in tragedy lately. I doubt we've scratched the surface of what's coming though