View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM

This whole discussion brings back memories I almost totally forgot. I guess I was pretty involved and dependent on Alipac for a few years, in regard to my activities fighting the Bush led amnesties. Just for fun I thought I would post the letter that I wrote to William Gheen after I was banned.

7/13/2010
Dear William Gheen.
Thank you for your reply to my letter. I understand that you feel that you are taking the “ethical high road”, in your smear attack Tom Tancredo and Vdare.com and by banning me from Alipac. I disagree though.
I would like to remind you that it was you that initiated the E-mail attack campaign against Tom Tancredo accusing him and others of associations with Neo-Nazis. I received your emails and read them, but I find your evidence weak and non persuasive. I understand that you find my post about Vdare.com insulting. It was not insulting, it was critical of your attack against Vdare. Com and other groups and individuals in the Patriotic immigration reform movement. Mr. Gheen there is a difference between insulting statements and legitimate criticism, I am afraid though that you do not know the difference.
Mr. Gheen my criticism of your actions that I posted on the Alipac open discussion are; that you initiated a slanderous attack on many prominent members of our community that are fighting open borders and illegal immigration. My criticism of your actions still stand and I do not revoke them. The evidence against them that you put in your email alerts are in my opinion, weak and non persuasive.
Although you have every right to criticize whom and whatever you want, you need to know that your actions and your smear attacks against Tom Tancredo, Vdare.com and Dan Smeriglio in particular are not helping our cause. They are dividing us and bringing the cause down and I am sorry to say are discrediting you and Alipac.
Mr. Gheen if you cannot handle any criticism of your actions, you should state on the rules board in the open public discussion that no criticism of William Gheen is allowed. Judging from the reprisal I received from you it is obvious that the defacto rule is ;No criticism of William Gheen or his actions is allowed.
As to your complaint and distrust of my loyalty to you and alipac, I can only say that my loyalty is first and foremost to the cause of fighting open borders, illegal immigration and amnesty. My loyalty is to that cause and not to any one leader. The fact that I confronted the email smear attacks that you initiated does not display shallow or superficial loyalty, it shows that I stand on principle, I reserve the right to think for myself and that I think the cause that we are fighting is bigger than any one person or group.
Mr. Gheen you complain about my loyalty!
How about your loyalty to the members of ALIPAC and those fighting this cause? How exactly is it showing loyalty to instantly ban a contributing Alipac member over a post politely criticizing your actions?
Mr. Gheen I am very sorry that you consider my open criticism of your smear attacks a “finger in your eye”, and “in your house”. I would like you to know that I joined the fight against illegal immigration to save our country, not to live under your roof. And by the way, the comment in your reply that describes my criticism as a “Jackass post”. Well that only weakens your argument that you are calm or rational or on any kind of high road.

Sincerely,
A very disappointed former Alipac member.

Greg (In the actual letter I used my full name).