View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 AM

When I’m at a rally or protest I try my best to adhere to the following operating procedures given to me by California Poppy many, many years ago. It is my bible and survival guide for street activism.

Standard Operating Procedure for Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

1. Minutemen are courteous to everyone with whom they come into contact, and never discriminate against anyone for any reason.

2. Minutemen do not respond to any taunts or harassment from outside agitators, and must never be present for duty or serve in any capacity if intoxicated.

3. Minutemen Observe, Report, Record, and Direct Border Patrol or other appropriate emergency or law enforcement agencies to suspected Illegal Aliens or Illegal Activities.

4. Minutemen do not verbally contact, physically gesture to or have any form of communications with suspected Illegal Aliens.

5. Minutemen follow the Standard Operating Procedures to the letter and spirit.

6. Minutemen follow all federal, state and local laws, understanding that we are being held to a higher standard by all.

7. Minutemen understand that, while our actions cannot stop illegal activities along the border, we can change world perception and national thought concerning Homeland and Border Security.

8. Minutemen monitor their behavior, the behavior of the people around them and the group as a whole to ensure compliance with the SOP and any instruction given by Minuteman Corps Leadership.

9. Minutemen leave no garbage behind and follow strict pack-in / pack-out procedures.

10. Minutemen respect the property rights of everyone, start no fires, never drive off road, and follow the directions of all law enforcement personnel.

By Chris Simcox

AMEN