View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 08:49 AM

This whole thing stinks "brown". Allred has been a supporter and contributor to Jerry Brown since his first foray as governor.

It looks like this is going to backfire on her. For one thing Gloria Allred isn't well thought of in the state. Since the story broke, Whitman has gone up 5 points to Jerry Brown's one.

The maid's complaint that since she was fired she hasn't been able to find a job might have more to do with her illegal status than anything Whitman did. I'm not persuaded that a no match letter proves that Whitman knew that the maid was illegal because no match letters come up all the time. I've gotten no match letters on myself. Someone keyed in a typo.

If Meg Whitman wants to make this go away, she should get an attorney who will tell Gloria Allred that there is no chance for an out of court settlement and the case is going to trial. Gloria Allred has never been inside a courtroom. She has never taken a case to trial. When it gets that far she finds a referral. Good luck with finding a referral on this one.