View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Do these areas have Brown Berets? They are as equal, as equal can get, to the Nazi Brown Shirts.
But where do they get KKK? I have never in my life, EVER. seen any KKK in California. Skinheads, yes, but not KKK. Am I living a sheltered life or something, because for the life of me, I just have never seen any here. I've seen historical pictures of them in the south and such, but not here.
I have never personally seen them either. Nor do I believe that most of those who yell about the KKK have ever seen any in real life.

There were various incarnations of the KKK in Fontana, Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cabazon. They tried moving into Banning and threatened the High School black principle, then they were driven out of Cabazon from what I understand. I would have to verify the dates, but I believe the incident with the principle was in the early 1980's.

The end of the KKK in Fontana was related to me as about the time of the closing of Kaiser Steel, but I would have to look into it a bit more.

There was a town in Southern California which was taken over by the second incarnation of the KKK in about 1924, and were driven out about a year later. I will have to check again, but I believe it was Anaheim.

Personally, I believe the Brown Berets would come from other locations. They might grow up in a place like Fontana, but as a subjective idea, they strike me as hanging around colleges and universities.

I've worked quite a bit in Fontana from five to ten years ago, seemed to me then to be mostly illegals and gang bangers.

As a subjective belief, I think the KKK has been so infiltrated and marginalized that they are negligible, and mainly kept alive by a press hungry to "expose" white racists in order to sell print. I read something to the effect that one group of them consisted mainly of paid FBI informants spying on each other.

The memory of the KKK is a handy thing to rally around for the open border crowd, you can't stir up most people unless they believe they are being victimized or otherwise harmed.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-02-2009 at 05:07 PM.