View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM

So as to remind of the message of the thread:

Quote:
It’s time to call for a new House Speaker.

Demand that John Boehner be removed!
I don't think it matters if the message is a call, email, or old fashioned hard letter, I believe that the astronomical odds of the target politician actually seeing any real content is practically nil, 99.9999999% is filtered through an aide who assigns the message to a category and reduces the message to a minimum of bullet points, all subject to the interpretation of the aide. I prefer personal interaction with the aide.

If the aide likes what you say, you will have more say. If the aide doesn't like it...

I'm cynical enough about the process to think that unless an action is required in the case of an individual problem (The SSA is screwing over your newly widowed grandmother, the legislator tears a chunk out of someone's ass, The SSA dispenses the SS benefit grandma is entitled to) they throw broad thoughts into various electronic hoppers, maybe someone looks at it, maybe the janitor throws it out during his graveyard shift.

I think they are primarily interested in broad trends in terms of public opinion concerning issues rather than understand an individual message. The aide has to like an idea or understand an importance of a communication for there to be any chance of specifics passed on to the legislator.

But, one thing is for certain: if they have an address they will all send the same say nothing, diversionary, self promoting form letter they send to thousands of other people on a particular subject.

In the meantime, how about if we drop the race stuff. Many of those people are used to a cynical end as voting blocs, victimization pimping is a big part of the polarization they need to motivate people who might not be stirred otherwise.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.