View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I haven't watched Dobbs but maybe three times or so ever. Never really felt the inclination.

I don't watch any of programmed "news" either, as most of it is spun one way or another, or is merely thinly disguised entertainment for the shallow of mind.

I equally dislike Kieth Olberman and Bill O'Reilly, and have little regard for any televised or radio wave pundits. Nor do I care for either CNN or Fox in general, or any of the others, local or global. I loath and distrust them all.

However, there was some personal discussion today concerning Dobbs, which revolved around the probable fact, notwithstanding that Dobbs was in on the founding of CNN, that anyone who backed Dobbs at CNN was put on a corporate hit list. Otherwise, his house was shot at with his wife in range, he's had death threats concerning his stand against illegal migration, and it's probably been a tough go for him in any regard.

I understand Dobbs willingly left CNN, and that management agreed to let him out of his contract.

As far as Dobbs being pushed out of his position just in time to remove his voice from the immigration arena would be conspiracy theory speculation based on what little I know of his situation, but it would not be a farfetched concept by my understanding of the general media.
Well you're right to point out that there are no facts pointing to his be ousted because of the upcoming push for amnesty, but Dobbs was the only person on any of the news channels that discussed illegal immigration in an honest way. He didn't back down until now which is just weeks before their big push for amnesty. He had a huge following and was well respected for his intellect and honesty. La Raza had a hard time calling him a racist because he's married to a Hispanic woman whose family is from Mexico. There was a lot of pressure put on CNN in the last few weeks to fire him. And I don't think that it is just coincidence that he left at this exact time. Hopefully his departure will backfire on those that wanted him out, but with the push only weeks away it was a really bad time to loose our biggest voice and our loudest voice. Dobbs was national and that was a big blow.