View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM

I haven't watched Dobbs but maybe three times or so ever. Never really felt the inclination.

I don't watch any of programmed "news" either, as most of it is spun one way or another, or is merely thinly disguised entertainment for the shallow of mind.

I equally dislike Kieth Olberman and Bill O'Reilly, and have little regard for any televised or radio wave pundits. Nor do I care for either CNN or Fox in general, or any of the others, local or global. I loath and distrust them all.

However, there was some personal discussion today concerning Dobbs, which revolved around the probable fact, notwithstanding that Dobbs was in on the founding of CNN, that anyone who backed Dobbs at CNN was put on a corporate hit list. Otherwise, his house was shot at with his wife in range, he's had death threats concerning his stand against illegal migration, and it's probably been a tough go for him in any regard.

I understand Dobbs willingly left CNN, and that management agreed to let him out of his contract.

As far as Dobbs being pushed out of his position just in time to remove his voice from the immigration arena would be conspiracy theory speculation based on what little I know of his situation, but it would not be a farfetched concept by my understanding of the general media.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.