View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I fail to see your point? Is Al Gore addressing international terrorisim, or Dan Quayle, or let's see, ANY serving senator? No. Of course not. John McCain will do absolutely nothing with respect to terrorist activity. Nor should he. It's not his place, he doesn't have the power. It isn't even appropriate. Now if McCain had gotten the same kind of CIA briefings in August that obamadinejad did and said nothing, that's different. But he didn't get those briefings. He wasn't supposed to.

McCain once presumed to have solutions to these problems, else he would not have tried to sell the rest of us he was fit for the office. Al Gore has taken up the cause of global warming (Whatever that is, and of course I don't think he knows or even cares, either.) and the attention he commands is based mostly on the momentum he built up running for president. McCain is in the senate and he has some kind of public recognition. He could say something. If he tries to run on the Republican ticket again, for anything, people are going to remember he just sat there after losing the election. If he has nothing now, it is easy to conclude that he never did. This would have been the end of his first year as president.

McCain's opinion on Obama's disinterest in terrorist threats is not the first thing I think of when I see these things happen, but you brought up the past.

I agree, we should be hunting bombers, not bombs. And we should be looking at those communities where these things are most likely to be coming from first. Like Muslims.