View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:40 AM

My understanding is that Asian immigrants are the stingiest of day labor employers, maybe the pushiest.

Generally next are "Latinos" who grew up under both cultures, who understand what makes an illegal tick.

The most generous tend to be white Americans, who don't understand Mexican nationals nor have a universal desire to chip to the bone, plus many having been convinced through cultural brainwashing that to criticize Mexican nationals is somehow a racist act.

My own impression of illegal labor is that so long as they don't feel comfortable in employment, they tend to charge around working their asses off even if by doing so they are less productive (missing steps, wasted moves, etc).

However, when they are comfortable in employment, I believe they tend to become casual, standing in the way telling each other funny stories, and if they are subsequently pushed by the employer everything goes to hell in the ensuing confusion.

And in either case, the finished product tends to be shoddy, but low priced - depending on how one calculates value. And they do show up every day.

The overall question seems to be "how good is good enough?"

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-26-2010 at 02:43 AM.